Kenya is renowned for its incredible wildlife, and the underwater world on Africa’s East Coast is spectacular! With an abundance of excellent dive sites, undamaged coral reefs and a plethora of fish life from big to macro, there really is something for all divers and wishes.
Here are just a few reasons to add Kenya to your diving hotspot list:
- 1. Kenya’s unspoilt reefs provide a haven for a diverse range of sea creatures. The reefs around Diani Beach have not been bleached like many other reefs in the tropics.
- 2. Whalesharks. The gentle giant of the ocean can be spotted in the waters off the coast of Diani Beach between November and March, when it makes its annual migration along the East Africa coastline.
- 3. A perfect place for macro photography lovers.
- 4. The chance to see endangered species of sea turtles, including the Green turtle and Hawksbill turtle.
- 5. Alpha Funguo Wreck in Diani is one of Kenya’s top dive sites with an abundance of fish life.
- 6. Easy diving and a range of PADI certified courses for divers of all levels of experience and ability, including Enriched Air Nitrox courses.
Grab your diving gear and explore the great dive sites in Kenya and the Indian Ocean with Diving the Crab!